When it comes to water heater replacements, it’s always best to ask for a professional to do the replacements. However, if you really want to do the replacement yourself, you need to be aware of all the important things around the removal and installation of your water heater. Otherwise you might end up with a big mess, which you really can’t fix yourself.
Tips with the removal of the water heater
When you need to replace your Las Vegas water heater, then you should first remove the old water heater. There are some important things about the removal of the water heaters that you need to be aware of:
• If you’re using gas, you should make sure that you turned off the gas in the house and to the water heater before you start the removal process.
The same goes for the electricity. You can’t start the process with any form of power running to the water heater.
• You should also remember to turn off the water supply to the tank and to your home to ensure that no accidents can happen with water spills. Too many people forgot this important part of replacing a water heater. The tank should also be empty before you start working, or you’re going to have a big mess.see their website at http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/local/yakima-firefighters-free-curious-cat-from-behind-water-heater/article_1aadc872-993b-11e5-8725-3bcdb3e60b5d.html
• A water tank is really heavy, even if empty. It’s important to make sure that you have some assistance before you remove the tank. Otherwise you can injured yourself.
Tips with the installation of the new water heater
If you’re doing the replacement of your Las Vegas water heater yourself, you should remember these important tips before you start installing your new water heater:
• Installing a new water heater needs some experience. So, if you didn’t replace and install a water heater yourself before, you should not try to do this on your own. It’s always safer to get a professional for some assistance.
• Remember to install the new water heater exactly the same as the old water heater. You need to connect the correct pipes to the water heater, if you want to have a working heater. You can always take photos of the old water heater before you start with the removal. Then, you will have a clear picture of how the new water heater should be installed.
• Make sure that all your connections and faucets are the same size as your water heater. Otherwise, you’re going to have some water spills that can result in a mess.see this link for more details.
• You should also check to see if all your faucets are working properly before you start using your water heater.
• To have a water heater that will have a longer lifespan, you should drain your water heater at least twice a year for maintenance.
These are really important tips when it comes to replacing water heaters.
This isn’t a job that just anyone can do, so you should be really careful if you’re doing this for the first time. The best thing that you can do when it’s time for a water heater replacement, is to rather make use of a professional plumber to come to replace your water heater.